Required Information Change Process (RICP)
Preparing new standards for the PT/MC industry
The Required Information Change Process (RICP) constitutes a basic “Code of Conduct” between a Manufacturer and its Distributor, with regard to exchange of information, data format, and timelines for delivery of information and change notifications.
Essentials of the RICP:
- Adequate NOTICE of change by manufacturers
- All information to be presented in practical and user-friendly FORMAT
- Adequate support for new, and revised, PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- Clear communication of MANUFACTURERS’ REQUIREMENTS & OBJECTIVES
- Distributors’ respect for the MUTUAL AGREEMENTS
- JOINT EFFORT by the two parties
- EPTDA members should always give the ETHICAL “LEAD”
The RICP formalises “best practice”, ensuring that all existing EPTDA members and future applicants understand what is required.
The RICP essentials are available in several languages. Use the following links to download translations:
Comprehensive RICP guidelines
The exhaustive RICP documents can be downloaded in pdf format:
- General guidelines: click here
- 'Price & Discount Change Information' and 'Standard Product Information': click here
RICP Users and Endorsers
Since the launch of the programme in 2010, the EPTDA now boasts nearly 100 RICP endorsers among its members – both distributors and manufacturers, as well as over 50 declared RICP users. These figures demonstrate EPTDA’s commitment to encouraging an open dialogue between the manufacturer and distributor communities. In particular, it shows the members’ willingness to create a favourable context for the success of distributor-manufacturer relationships.